Release Notes: OrgVue version 2.18
We are to delighted announce that OrgVue 2.18 is now live and that from Monday 23rd February, all users will automatically be directed to the new version.
Over the last 4 months the OrgVue team have been busy implementing a range of usability enhancements, new features, and improving the speed of the application across the board. The new release sees OrgVue’s ability to handle large datasets greatly enhanced, with one client now using v2.18 to load 75,000 employees into the system. OrgVue 2.18 includes 6 new dashboards which I will summarise in this post. If you would like to download the full release notes, please follow the link at the bottom of the blog.
New Features in brief
- Ability to email PowerPoint and PDF outputs directly from within OrgVue
- Multiple hierarchies for visualising matrix reporting and associated operating structure
- Creating new datasets based on a template, preserving all the property definitions and baseline data
- Renaming datasets from the Home Screen
- Pause and Go buttons on Worksheet, Dashboard, Tree, Pivot and Chart controls
- Pause and Go button to suspend calculation of expressions globally
- Better startup performance, significantly reducing the time to load the home screen
- Performance gains enabling datasets exceeding 50,000 nodes and 100 properties
- Better performance in all date based dashboards
- More efficient Lookups from any Dataset
- Charting aggregated values side by side in Delta report to run scenario analysis
- Advanced search grammar (Find command)
- Zooming and highlighting interactions in Tree view to find people in an Org Chart quickly
- Revert changes to properties directly from within the filter control
New OrgVue dashboards; reducing the cost of being curious!
We know that running analysis can often result in more questions than answers which is why dashboards are now fully interactive. You can drag and drop any sub-section of analysis such as individual bars within a bar chart onto the Parking Lot to allow for focused and direct investigation so you can always find the answers you need. You can even drag that same data to the colour legend, filter control or other locations on the dashboard to modify data in place – making painting with data more universal than ever before.
Data Types and Patterns
People data is messy, incomplete and locked in multiple systems. So when you bring it all together, wouldn’t it be great if you could get an overview of your data quality? This is exactly what the data types and patterns dashboard does, showing you what data you have, where the gaps are and where your data is entered incorrectly.
The new box grid dashboard gives you immediate visibility across your organisational structure with quick and simple cross sectional analysis.
With the new waterfall dashboard, use your historical data to track headcount change over time and displays net change over a period of time. Perform joiner and leaver analysis by splitting by department, gender, recruitment channel, qualification level – whatever interests the business!
Use the Calendar dashboard to aggregate and visualise date type data. For example, heat map when your peak recruitment times are by colouring by the count of employees started in each month.
See the lengths between two time points across the organisation at a glance with the OrgVue Gantt Chart. The example below shows the start and leave dates of each employee, and the completion vs target dates of project objectives. The chart can be sorted and coloured by any dimension or measure, for example gender or RAG status.
It is not always easy to identify all the edits that have been made within a dataset or branch. The Changes Report provides a targeted report to summarise all the changes made into a single, simple to use view, aggregated by measure and grouped by dimension. A detailed change report for each node is also available, and these individual changes may be reverted directly from the report.
To find out more download a full copy of the release notes or contact us on email@example.com.