Data warehouse case study Royal Trinity Hospice
Accelerating the delivery of healthcare insight
Click top open the case study as a PDF in a new tab in your browser
“DataPlus has helped us to rapidly deliver our new cloud EDW with minimal cost impact and maximum value.”Jason Coleman – Head of Technology & Digital
- Data warehouse delivered faster – 3 weeks instead of the estimated 6 months
- Data warehouse delivered for £157K less than using a traditional approach.
- Ability to generate insight from the consolidated data to improve quality of care standards.
- Low TCO with a scalable pay-per-usage subscription model avoiding an estimated £30k maintenance and upkeep cost p/a.
- Maintenance is handled by one person, no team of experts required. Changes can be handled in minutes.
The Royal Trinity Hospice
Royal Trinity Hospice is the local hospice for south west and central London. It provides skilled, compassionate care and support to over 2,300 people with progressive, life-limiting illnesses and those close to them every year. At any moment, Trinity is caring for 700 patients in its on-site inpatient unit or wherever patients call home. Trinity’s services are all provided free of charge to patients and their families. The hospice receives only a quarter of its funding from the NHS and relies on donations to raise the remaining £9.5 million every year that is needed to continue providing its services.
To use data insights to improve the way the Royal Trinity Hospice serves its patients and deliver a better quality of care, a data warehouse needed to be built. The Royal Trinity Hospice had limited budget and a strict time constraint.
Build of secure data warehouse to manage its 30,000 patient base and provide the required KPIs and reporting. This enabled the management team to see how they were delivering patient care and how it could be improved. The data warehouse was delivered on budget and on time.
Discover Concentra’s data warehouse automation platform in the cloud