Data warehouse case study LED lighting company
A case study in embedding analytics, building a data warehouse and reporting layer to drive operational performance improvements for a market leader in LED lighting.
- Created a single source of data for automated reporting.
- Over £500K in working capital reductions identified.
- 25 individuals upskilled and trained across all functions.
- Quick answers Standardised logic and calculations when analysing company data
- Data-driven decisions Created a culture of self-service BI across the company
- Ongoing value
- Integrated analytics into the core business processes
A private equity backed manufacturer of LED lighting wanted to make better use of its data to improve sales and reduce working capital. Their data infrastructure consisted of a series of stand-alone databases and reporting tools that relied on a small team of highly skilled technical staff. They wanted to empower all of their staff to make better decisions by giving them access to self-serve Business Intelligence.
We worked with teams across Sales, Finance and the Supply Chain to agree on what staff needed in terms of data and reporting. We then used DataPlus to design a data warehouse solution that automatically pulls data from multiple sources into a single environment, making it possible to analyze data from across the business. All teams were then trained by internal ‘champions’ to use the new reporting software.
“In a short period of time, Concentra enabled a data-driven approach to capturing performance improvements and empowered the business to be self-sufficient”INVESTMENT DIRECTOR, PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM