There are dozens of calculations data analysts and consultants have to use on a daily basis, but each is written differently, with different default behaviour in various software tools. 180+ calculations is a lot for experienced employees, and even more to new joiners to the business.
That's why we created our own guide book; to give you a comprehensive list of the most important functions to know - the ones that will get you through 80% of what you need to do as an analyst, consultant or data scientist. As well as that, we show you how to actually write them in the six main tools we use:
- Excel - the ubiquitous spreadsheet used by almost every business
- Tableau - a drag and drop visualisation tool for business intelligence
- Alteryx - an easy to use platform for preparing, blending and analysing data
- OrgVue - a leading solution for data-driven organisational design
- tSQL - the primary language used for interacting with Microsoft SQL Server
- Python - a widespread programming language very useful in data science