How to import Salesforce data using Alteryx
With good business intelligence, organisations can be efficient, agile, and informed risk takers. Being able to access relevant data and incorporate it into their analysis is critical to improve the accuracy of their results.
Getting all relevant data has become more challenging if you are faced with the more disparate API data sources like Salesforce.com. As the leader in data blending, Alteryx offers direct connectivity to over sixty data sources.
This article will take you through step by step on how to connect and get data from Salesforce.com using Alteryx.
How to import Salesforce data using Alteryx in three steps
Step 1: Connect to Salesforce data
Drag a Salesforce Input tool from the Connectors Pallet onto the workflow canvas
Step 2: Configure the property
Click on the credential tab on the property window of Salesforce input tool and fill out the required fields . Below is the information you need:
- Salesforce Login URL
- UserName and Password
Use your Salesforce login password for UserName and Password details
- Security Token
- Security tokens are automatically sent to you when your salesforce.com password is changed or when you request to reset your security token
- Security token is obtained by going to your top right name > Setup > Personal Setup> Reset My Security Token
In order for the integration to work your Salesforce password must be set to not expire. See Figure 2 below:
- Remote Access Consumer Key and Secret Key
- You will need to be logged in as a System Administrator in Salesforce to access these settings
- Consumer key and Consumer Secret key are obtained by going to your top right name >Setup > Create>Apps>Connected Apps>Uservoice Service Hook
- Consumer key is obtained on Uservoice Service hook window and Consumer Secret key is obtained by clicking on Click to reveal tab at the right side of the window
- Once the credentials are filled up then the salesforce tables can be accessed by selecting the table tab
Step 3: Get the required table
- Select the table required from the list, when the list button on the right is clicked.
- Drag the browse tool from the favourite to make data visible
Combining a series of Salesforce.com connectors in a workflow within Alteryx in ways shown above will enhance your analysis. This will let you work with the extracted data in various elaborated ways!
Read our other blog series on Alteryx here!